You probably already heard about oil additives. But what do they do to your car? How do they help?
Oil additives have 3 main roles:
– They pass new properties to the base oils you usually have on your car;
– They improve the existing oils with important properties like anti-foam agents, antioxidants, and corrosion inhibitors;
– They restrain the base oil properties that aren’t desirable.
Many people tend to consider that the best oil additive needs to have a lot of viscosity. You can see viscosity as the thickness of the oil additive, as what allows the oil to coat the parts of the engine that need to be coated as well as the willingness to flow through the engine freely.
When the oil additive has a too high viscosity will tend to gum instead of flow; when it has a too low viscosity, it will simply flow through the engine but won’t stick anywhere. So, it won’t be doing its job either.
Another thing to consider is that the viscosity tends to change with the temperature, either external as well as the engine temperature.
Taking this into consideration, here are the top 3 best oil additives for your engine:
– It’s compatible with both conventional and synthetic motor oils.
– You can use it in all cars made before 1989 and on cars with high-performance engines.
– It’s very simple to use.
– The ZDDPPlus ZDDP Engine Oil Additive Zinc & Phosphorus 5 Bottle Pkg is filled with zinc that lacks most old cars.
– When you’re using the ZDDPPlus ZDDP Engine Oil Additive Zinc & Phosphorus 5 Bottle Pkg, you won’t have any metal on metal contact.
– It contains a huge amount of ZDDP (Zinc Dialkyl Dithiophosphate) per bottle, which makes it stand out as one of the best oil additives in the market.
– Some people have some doubts about the quantities they advise you to use on your car. They think they might not be enough.
Despite many of the best oil additives on the market contain ZDDP (Zinc Dialkyl Dithiophosphate), the fact is that it’s only a small percentage. And since this is a huge feature, especially if you have a car that was manufactured before 1989 or if you drive a car that has a high-performance engine, this is, without any doubt, one of the main features on this oil additive. It’s very easy to use and it will also prevent the metal on metal contact.
– The Pack Bg MOA Motor Oil Additive is great if you live in a place with very high or very low temperatures.
– It will prevent the engine oil to get thick and oxidated.
– It will allow you to continue to have the same peak engine performance.
– It provides protection to the engine that is going to last.
– The Pack Bg MOA Motor Oil Additive works very well with older engines.
– Some reviewers say that after using the Pack Bg MOA Motor Oil Additive, the car engine still ticks.
The Bg MOA Motor Oil Additive comes in a pack of two cans and it does wonders especially in older cars. This is one of the best oil additives in the market since it allows you to protect your engine for a long time. Besides, it also prevents te engine oil to become oxidated and thicker, and it works very well in places with extreme temperatures.
Despite some reviewers say that their engines keep ticking, the overall reviewers are very glad with the Bg MOA Motor Oil Additive.
– You can use the Liqui-Moly Cera Tec Motor Oil Additive with any motor oil.
– It protects the engine because it prevents the metal to metal contact.
– Since it includes certain ceramic compounds, the Liqui-Moly Cera Tec Motor Oil Additive reduces wear and friction.
– You might notice a fuel economy, both on diesel and gasoline engines.
– It doesn’t only protect the engine as it also protects the compressors, transmissions, and pumps.
– Some users didn’t notice any significant differences in motor noises and in MPGs.
The Liqui-Moly Cera Tec Motor Oil Additive is one of the best oil additives that can be used with any commercial motor oil without any problems. The main features of this oil additive are the engine, transmissions, compressors and pumps protection. Since it includes some ceramic compounds, the wear and friction will be reduced. Ultimately, you’ll be able to notice the differences both in the MPGs and in the engine noise. Despite some users didn’t notice it, most of them did.
If you’re interested in learning a bit more about diesel fuel additives, make sure to read more about top diesel fuel additives.